1. Working Arrangements
1. All prices quoted are calculated on the basis of free access and unimpeded working during our normal working hours.
2. SMK Handyman and Customer must agree practical arrangements on working methods that provide minimum disruption to the client and allow work to be carried out efficiently by our handymen.
3. Accepting a quotation in writing, and agreeing to the commencement of works will allow these terms and conditions to come into effect.
4. Customer needs to provide presence of person of his behalf while SMK Handyman surveying site to prepare an estimate.
5. Extras will only be undertaken further to both full discussion with the client, and verbal or written agreement, and charged at the agreed rate.
2. SMK Handyman Liability
1. All quotations to be produced with as much detail as possible to avoid any misunderstandings. If something is missing that you would like included, please let us know and we will revise the quotation accordingly.
2. Guarantees: All customers will benefit from a full guarantee on our workmanship for a period of 1 year.
3. Guarantees on materials run in accordance with manufacturers' warranty periods where applicable.
4. SMK Handyman guarantee covers all new work and a new material used in construction or repairs, but does not guarantee the integrity of any existing structures, materials or decorations.
5. In the event of a failure beyond the guarantee period we will be happy to investigate the cause and negotiate a solution to the problem without delay and carry out any agreed repairs as soon as possible. Some charges may apply for remedial work carried out beyond guarantee dates.
3. Customer’s Liability
1. The Customer shall be responsible for the receipt, storage and safe-keeping of materials and equipment prior to the commencement of work and shall, when requested, provide suitable protective storage for valuable and perishable items. In addition, the customer shall take all reasonable precautions to ensure against theft of, or damage to, plant and materials during any periods of the Company’s absence from the site works.
2. Free access is required for delivery of materials, plant, machinery and skips etc.
3. The Customer must provide all necessary power and a clean water supply for SMK Handyman use in the execution of the contracted works.
4. The safety of both plant and machinery belonging to or hired in by SMK Handyman or its employees, agents, franchisees and sub-contractors and shall indemnify SMK Handyman against its loss, theft or damage.
5. Unless agreed in writing between the parties, the Customer will be responsible for the removal from site of all waste materials resulting from the works.
4. Bookings & Payments
1. For works which are not a subject of estimating by their complicacy, we are offering an online booking service.
2. Every work, except estimated ones, must be booked from this website.
3. The client can book a handyman for more than few hours through our website, the payment will be only for the first hour as a Deposit. If the job is longer than 1 hour, the rest of the payment to the full amount of the job must be done on completion of the work. We strongly recommend discussing with us by every work before you book online a handyman.
4. Payment must be made on such completion and a receipt for the payment will be given.
5. Payment can be made online by Visa, MasterCard, Maestro and American Express Cards using Worldpay’s fast and secure online payment gateway.
6. Payments by bank transfer are accepted only for estimated works with duration more than 2 working days. Bank Transfer details upon request.
7. We accepting payments in GBP only.
5. Cancelation Policy
1. Any cancellations and rescheduling of visit can be made not earlier than 24 hours’ to the booked visit. It is further understood that if the Customer fail to attend, or cancel/reschedule an appointment earlier than 24-hours’ to the booked visit, we will not refund the Deposit.
2. Any other Cancellations of online booked visits will be accepted and the Deposit will be refunded, however the Customer will incur an Administration Fee of 5£ (Credit/Debit Cards Payment Fee).
3. Rescheduling is not a subject of Administration fee only if it is made not earlier than 24 hours’ to the booked visit. Rescheduling can be done twice only, then the booking will be cancelled.
4. If SMK Handyman is unable to gain access to the Customer’s premises to carry out the Works, the Customer will be liable to pay a minimum amount equivalent to the 1 hour charge. This shall apply irrespective of the Works having been booked by the Customer or by someone acting on the Customers behalf e.g. tenant.